My name is Michael Cykowski and I am the Community Outreach Director for your local alumni club. I’d like to tell you about an exciting event that we have planned for next month!
Join me and your fellow Bay Area Spartans at the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to help with habitat restoration on the Lands End Coast, Saturday, May 21, 2011 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
We will be working on a habitat restoration project on the Lands End Coast. The focus will be on removing invasive species and creating breathing room for the native species. Enjoy the beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands while you join your fellow Spartans to donate a little of your time to help keep San Francisco beautiful. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday! Note: we’ll be working rain or shine, so please be prepared and dressed for bad weather.
Project Site: Lands End, San Francisco
Meeting Location: 34th Ave and El Camino Del Mar near the Legion of Honor
What to Bring:
* Bring a reusable water bottle. We’ll have water stations for refills.
* If you have a pair of favorite gloves, feel free to bring those.
What to Wear:
* Wear comfortable work clothes, long pants, and sturdy shoes or boots (no shorts or sandals).
* Dress in layers for changing weather, bring hat, and wear sunscreen.
* Be prepared to get dirty.
Directions to the Memorial Parking Lot:
From San Francisco:
* Link into Geary Blvd and follow west
* Turn right onto 34th Ave
* Follow 34th Ave into the Golf Course towards Legion of Honor
* Drive past the Legion of Honor where to road ends at El Camino Del Mar
From North Bay:
* Take 101 south
* Immediately after the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza take exit to the right (Exit 439 – Merchant Road)
* Follow Merchant Road to the stop sign at Lincoln Blvd
* Turn right on Lincoln Blvd and follow to 25th Ave Presidio Gate
* Continue straight at 25th Ave; Note: Lincoln Blvd turns into El Camino Del Mar – no turns necessary
* El Camino Del Mar goes through the Sea Cliff neighborhood and takes you directly to the meeting location
* Meeting location is just below the Legion of Honor
Questions, comments or suggestions? Feel free to contact me.