Don’t miss your only chance during the regular season to see the Red Wings here in San Jose! Get your tickets today and join fellow alums as the Red Wings face the Sharks on Thursday, January 9 at the SAP Center (525 W Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA 95113).
This is a joint event with the U of M Alumni Club. Tickets will be together in one area (section 221-222) and the price is $67 for MSUAA members, $75 for non-members. For more information and to purchase tickets, contact Jeanne HuangLi, firstname.lastname@example.org, from the U of M Club.
The No. 1 Wildcats (2-0) and No. 2 Spartans (1-0) will meet in the first of two huge games in the Champions Classic tomorrow at Chicago’s United Center, and the Bay Area Spartans will be cheering them on at Golden Gate Tap Room in San Francisco.
We have a pool table pod closest to the bar reserved for us. All draft beers are $2 off from 3-7 pm. RSVP to the Facebook event here.
Location: Golden Gate Tap Room 525 Sutter St (at Powell), San Francisco, California 94102
Drink Specials: $2 off draft beers from 3-7pm
Now that Michigan week is behind us (GO GREEN!), we can get excited for our Sonoma tour this upcoming Saturday. Here is the information you need to know:
- Please be at the bus by 8:45am. The double decker white bus will be parked near 4th and Townsend, next to the San Francisco Caltrain Station in the area usually reserved for taxis. The bus leaves at 9am sharp. No exceptions!
- Bring your identification and a copy of your reservation either printed or on your mobile device. If you purchased two or more tickets, please be prepared to check off your guests.
- The forecast for Sonoma (as of today) is a partly cloudy with a high of 69 and a low of 39. Please dress as you please but keep the forecast in mind.
- You can reach SF Spartan board members and event organizers here:Tim Garcia (650) 485-0815, Natalie Venuto (517) 290-1616, Kate Ciungan (248) 613-7511, Justin Bugajski (408) 242-2720.
The itinerary is as follows:
9:00am: Coach bus leaves promptly from San Francisco
10:15am: Bus arrives at Sebastiani Vineyards
11:25am: Bus leaves for downtown Healdsburg for lunch. Everyone will be on their own for lunch, but there is no shortage of lunch places or tasting rooms in Healdsburg to choose from.
2:00pm: Bus leaves for Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery
3:30pm: Bus departs for San Francisco
5:00pm: Bus arrives back in San Francisco
If you have any questions, please reach out to the event organizers. I can’t wait to see you all on Saturday!
It’s finally here!!! The game we’ve been looking forward to all season: A rivalry that divides families, ends relationships and sometimes gets us into trouble, but ultimately unites the Spartan Nation and makes our bond even stronger. (Is this where I ask what is our profession?) Needless to say, we hope to see the largest turnout yet this season. Come watch the Spartans destroy the weak Wolverines with the best alumni in the country at Nick’s Crispy Tacos this Saturday!
DRINK & FOOD SPECIALS
- Spartan Burrito (Ask for the Spartan Burrito when you order – it will come in a Spinach Tortilla with Guacamole)
- $10 bottomless GREEN mimosas w/food purchase
- 2 for $6 Dos Equis XX Lager
- $5 Stoli drinks
We’ll have game sound, booths reserved on the Broadway Street entrance side and lots of free Sparty swag. Everything on the tables is available to take home!
FIGHT FOR THE ONLY COLORS: GREEN & WHITE!
RSVP on our Facebook event page if you will attend.
Nick’s Crispy Tacos
1500 Broadway, San Francisco
If you are in the East Bay, we are also hosting a watch party at Ricky’s in San Leandro!
Ricky’s Sports Theatre & Grill
5028 Hesperian Boulevard, San Leandro
RSVP on our East Bay Facebook event page if you will attend.